Monday, August 1, 2011

Kitsune's Playlist #2 - Underground Bands

Downloaded NYLON's Summer Playlist a few months ago, but I never listened to it...

So! I'm finally listening to it right now!

Here's what's playing:

Lost In My Mind - The Head and the Heart

I didn't really like this song at first, 'cause it struck me as ...country. And I really dislike country music. But as it went on I started to like it more, and now I really like it!

Next song:

Something Else - Diamond Rings

This one's really different from Lost In My Mind. . .
I have mixed feelings on this one. The lyrics are cool, but I can't tell if I love or hate the music.

Next song:

Don't Care About Anything - Alex Winston

ZOMFQ, I love her voice. It's so different from other artists I've heard...
Also, the lyrics are really cool (although a bit religious). In the very beginning I thought she was singing in a different language...but it turns out she was singing, "Hand to God, I swear I'll pray...".

And the last song:

How Can You Luv Me - Unknown Mortal Orchestra

I randomly chose this one off of the "NEW" playlist on my iPod.

I kind of thought this would be a Techno song when it started( it's actually "Alternative", whatever that means...) But the song turned out to be much different than I expected. The vocals are purposefully drowned out and the music somehow sounds Funky and Futuristic at the same time. The end result is really cool.
This song is awesome. The end.

Listen to the songs and tell me what you think!

KBAI,
Kitsune Girl


PS: It's a BONUS SONG!


This just came on, and I kind of had to add it.   .   .

Let's Kill Tonight - Panic! At the Disco

Sounds a lot like Fall Out Boy...but BETTER! Which is a good thing, in case you have no freaking clue who the heck Fall Out Boy is.

PPS: Last time I posted a Playlist, John asked for Heavy Metal Lover by Lady Gaga.

So, here goes!

Heavy Metal Lover - Lady Gaga

I personally don't like this song. I would consider it dance music, 'cause Gaga's voice sounds like a robot with all that auto-tune, and the lyrics are pretty much just one big chorus. I don't mind it to dance to, but I wouldn't listen to it on my iPod all the time.
What do you think? Listen to it, and comment to tell me.

No comments:

Post a Comment